Saturday 14th March 2020
Tynemouth Aquarium would like to reassure everyone that we are doing everything we can to ensure the
safety of all of our visitors in response to ongoing Coronavirus (COVID 19) situation. We want you to feel as safe and comfortable as possible when you visit us. We are operating in
accordance with our normal hours but we have implemented enhanced hygiene measures
developed on the advice of public health authorities.
- Our teams are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols
- We have increased cleaning of our premises including frequent touch points of lifts, door
handles, toilets, tables, chairs using cleaning products suitable for the killing of coronavirus.
- We have increased the deployment of antibacterial hand sanitizers for our staff and
- We have displayed posters around the premises advising and reminding visitors of personal
hygiene and government advice to reduce the spread of the virus.
- We have reduced the number of potential touch points around the premises.
Understandably, younger visitors may feel confused about the ongoing situation with the coronavirus and we recommend talking to them about the things that we can control such as washing hands and
disposing of tissues rather than the things we cannot control. Public Health England have some
excellent resources that you may find useful in helping younger family members understand the
extra measures we are all being asked to take. Please follow the link below to access these resources.
We will continue to monitor all governmental advice closely and will take additional actions as
required. Our online tickets are valid for 6 months and normal terms and conditions apply.
Tynemouth Aquarium is open and looks forward to welcoming you on your visit.